Monday, February 4, 2008

Are we TOO accessible?

I found myself pondering this a few days ago. Today, we have the ability of knowing what someone is doing at any given point throughout the day. We can thank the creators of text messaging and cell phones that are Instant Messenger and e-mail capable for this. Don't get me wrong, I am a frequent user of the latter and couldn't imagine what it would be like without them. However, do they make communication way too easy and take away from your concentration at work or school? I think so. With the simple click of a few buttons, I can communicate with anyone numerous times throughout the day-- no matter how busy I am. I have tried to ignore my cell phone while in class, but it just doesn't work because I am constantly wondering if I have a new text message or e-mail.

Just a little something to think about...

2 comments:

College Bloggers said...

Good question.

Rene said...

good tips Katelyn! your blog looks great!